Friday, May 29, 2015

Boring Personal Notebook!

I'm not a blogger. I occasionally scribble & click 'publish'; there's a difference these days. However, they still call what this thing is that I'm typing into a 'blog', so I had better do what one does, and update it. 



  • Maybe we should stop calling the boring personal journals 'blogs' anymore, and call them boring personal journals. How about Notebooks? That's always how I thought of what I do, when I do this. It's the typing version of me sitting with a pen & paper, talking to myself. 

Why You Should Keep a Journal (and How to Start Yours)
Image from Lifehacker; no idea how to credit the image. Please claim.

  • I've been working on a big, fat, overwhelming writing project. Project Two. I used to have three big projects, but one got *fired. I chose one of the remaining two as the one to get all my attention and be brought to completion first. It said no. We had a bitter argument. It won & was perhaps a little smug about it. Whatever, Project One.
 *folded into the one I'm working on now. Such is the author's superpower. 

  • I've been power-learning French with the use of Duolingo. I highly recommend it. I can't imagine a free app being of any higher quality. I was exposed to French as a very small person, then it was dropped (I changed schools, unfortunately). But that little bit was enough for French to come with natural ease in high school. I aced those classes, then dropped it again, as we do. Between those two bouts of exposure, I'm good enough to be truly powering through the Duolingo program. It's nice to feel kinda good at learning something right now. My brain is still okay.

  • I've turned into a bit of a Marvel geek. GotG woke a new version of an ancient, very important something or other in me. It's evolved, this thing, with these stories as the happiest help I've had in a very long time. My mind is still okay. 

  • Related (and late to this area of the party): I just started watching Agents of Shield this very evening & learned of a SSSerum/Gamma/etc. Hero cocktail. I am totally going to think up an actual cocktail for this occasion. I will keep you posted.

  • Other stuff I'm watching: Halt and Catch Fire, starring Ronan the Accuser/Ned from Pushing Daisies/Roy from The Fall. He is a virtuoso & I have *a lot of thoughts on this amazing person, particularly concerning The Fall. Easily my favorite actor right now, and among my favorites of all time. Also Alton Brown's Good Eats, Daredevil, Cosmos, Nova/PBS stuff & a bunch of other stuff on Netflix. Usually Deep House Radio on Pandora.
*I'll write a whole entry on Lee Pace, sometime.


  • I'm still at the same day job, attempting to save funds to head home to Seattle in late August. I heart NY, but I'm looking forward to this in a big way.

  • I've lost just over 50lbs from my heaviest weight, 35 of that recently. Keepin' on, with a ways to go.

  • We are Groot.

Still from the end credits of Guardians of the Galaxy